четверг, 20 июля 2017 г.

The Top 6 Personal Finance Podcasts

The Top 6 Personal Finance Podcasts

Check out this list of my six favorite personal finance podcasts! They’ll keep you entertained and informed on your commute to work, while cleaning the house, or wherever you listen to podcasts!


Check out this list of awesome personal finance podcasts! You'll be entertained and learned something different from each one!

About three years ago I discovered podcasts. I think I’m in the minority, but hearing a voice talk to me is much more comforting and relaxing than listening to music. Podcasts have become the background “music” to my life.


I would say about 80% of the podcasts I listen to are about money. These personal finance podcasts helped me stay motivated while paying off my debt, helped me look at money in different ways, and taught me about certain financial topics I know nothing about (like the different types of life insurance).


Here are my top 6 favorite money podcasts:


You knew this had to be at the top of my list. Dave Ramsey is the reason I am debt free and the reason I have such a passion for personal finance education. Honestly, I listened to this podcast every single day when paying off my debt…hey, I had an hour drive to and from work so don’t judge me too harshly!


He is on the radio for three hours each weekday and answers money questions from everyday Americans that call in. He answers all types of questions like: How can I budget when I don’t have a steady income? Should I file for bankruptcy? Should we delay having a baby while still in debt? Why won’t my husband follow our budget?


Dave is so entertaining and I love that his values never change. He hates debt and will always give you advice that will help you get out of debt the fastest. Oh, and I loveeeee the debt free screams each hour (a family who has recently got out of debt by following his financial plan goes to Dave’s studio, shares their story on air, and screams “I’m debt free” – it’s really inspiring).


2. Financial Rockstar


This podcast is similar to Dave Ramsey’s podcast in that Scott answers a wide range of financial questions from listeners (listeners will email their questions, instead of calling in like at The Dave Ramsey Show).


My favorite part of every show (which is produced three times a week) is Scott’s introduction – he always has something unique to say about a story he read, experience he had, something he overheard, or just one of his random thoughts. He keeps the show very upbeat and engaging. I highly recommend him if you want straightforward financial advice.


3. Budgets and Cents


The voices behind this podcast are Cait Flanders (from Believe In A Budget) and Carrie Smith (from Careful Cents). They run successful blogs about personal finance and freelancing and use that experience and lessons learned to educate others on this podcast. The two have really good chemistry and they bring a down-to-earth, we-are-your-friends, relate-able vibe to listeners. Each episode is on a different financial topic like: shopping bans, personal budgeting, life after debt, irregular income, etc. They ALWAYS bring a personal twist to these every day finance topics.


4. Matrimoney


Kelsey Wharton and Chris Wharton are a married couple who record their biweekly financial conversations/meetings.


If you are a little nosy, you’ll hear their discussions on their budget, spending, job situation, entrepreneurship goals, money values, and questionable purchases (I think they spent an entire episode discussing whether a bidet toilet seat was worth the money…in a funny way!).


I really enjoy these podcasts because I feel like these are the exact conversations I should be having with my husband (and in the very understanding and patient way that these two interact).


This podcast has been around for years and Laura has spoken about hundreds of different financials topics like health savings accounts, college savings plans, homeowners insurance…the list goes on. The podcast stands up to its name “quick and dirty” – you won’t get a lot of nonsense in these podcasts. Laura explains money concepts in a very clear and concise way.


I JUST started listening to this podcast. Gaby Dunn is a “writer, comedian, journalist, actress, youtuber…” and she is “bad with money.” But she is bad with money in an absolutely hilarious way.


The first episode is by far my favorite – she calls her parents on the phone and tries to understand why they taught her to be so irresponsible with money. It’s great. Then she talks to her boyfriend and best friend and they confirm that she’s horrible with finances.


One of my favorite clips of the show (I’m actually laughing as I’m writing this) was when she was reading an ad for the podcast. It was a credit card advertisement which sounded along the lines of: get this credit card, it’s great, wonderful benefits, blah blah, 0% APR. And then Gaby finishes the ad with “it’s not like anyone knows what APR is anyway” hahaha – such brutal honestly is what makes this podcast fantastic!


She takes you back to the very, very basics of personal finance; for instance, one of her podcasts is called “What is a stock?”. This podcast is so unique because Gaby doesn’t have all the answers yet. She’s taking you on her journey to become more financially responsible. It’s a fun and very entertaining twist that distinguishes this personal finance podcast from all others.


What are your favorite personal finance podcast? What are your favorite non-money related podcasts (I’m taking suggestions!)?


Original article and pictures take www.fundingcloudnine.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий