вторник, 16 мая 2017 г.

The Most Popular Personal Finance Books

The Most Popular Personal Finance Books

Here’s your list of the Most Popular Personal Finance Books available today. These great books can help you take back control of your money.


Most Popular Personal Finance Books

In last week’s newsletter I asked the following question: What is your favorite book about money. Some of the responses listed popular books. Some mentioned books that were new to me.


Each of the books offers some real insight into personal finance and investing. Arguably the best thing we can do to improve our finances is to never stop learning. Reading great books about money helps us develop new strategies, invest more wisely, and even make the process of managing our money a little less painful.


Hopefully you’ll find some real gems in the results below:


The Millionaire Next Door

by Thomas J. Stanley Ph.D: By far the most popular response, this book is one of my favorites, too. It challenges are beliefs about who millionaires are and how they live. Forget what you may see on TV or read in magazines, most millionaires are ordinary people, working ordinary jobs, living ordinary lives.


A reader named Bill had this to say about the book: “A wonderful insight on how the minds work of people that are from both “camps” UAW’s and PAW’s. Although I never would have considered my self as a PAW, I am.”


And a reader named Jeff learned frguality from the book: The Millionaire Next Door by Stanley and Danko I don’t think I have heard you talk about this before, but before Mr. Money Mustache, this is the book that taught frugality and being smart with your money. The follow up, The Millionaire Mind, is also good. I have read (or listened to on CD) both of these several times.”


The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey: Coming in second is this popular book that helps folks get out of debt and start saving. Here’s what some readers had to say about the book:


Jason: “Very good for when inspiration is needed to continue paying down debt.”


Jeff: “The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey This helped me, like it has countless others, get out of debt. Just as a reminder, I listen to it on CD every year.”


Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki: An excellent book to describe the importance of putting your money to work for you. It was one of the first personal finance books I read, and it has a powerful message.


The Bible: This was a very popular response. Here’s what one reader named John had to say:


I found PodCast 124 as you covered the “Questions of the Week” to be very entertaining and informative. In response to this week’s question of what is my favorite book about money, my first response is the Bible and the Biblical financial principles as taught to be by the late Larry Burkett, Howard Dayton, and also Dave Ramsey. The teaching on Biblical financial principles from these men has changed my life.

My second response (to provide a more tangible book) is the Sound Mind Investing Handbook. This book was a wonderful primer to me going from budgeting to investing and presenting a simple, straightforward plan for investing. It was also really engaging, with highlights of key text and summaries of each chapter.

By the way, it was the Sound Mind Investing blog that first introduced me to your blog.


The Automatic Millionaire by David Bach: A very popular personal finance book that taps into the power of automation. I confess it’s a book I’ve never read, but I know it has helped a lot of people improve their finances. Here’s what a reader named Jeff had to say about the book: “The first 3rd of the book where he profiles the wealthy couple who never made much money but made saving and investing automatic early in their lives and became super rich is wonderfully helpful and motivating. Even now, when I implement a strategy toward wealth building, I can hear the little voice in my head saying, “make it automatic . . .”


Premier High Yield Savings

Smart Women Finish Rich by David Bach: Another Bach favorite aimed at women (obviously).


Debt Proof Living by Mary Hunt: Here’s what a reader named Lysa had to say about this classic: “Favorite money book, well, Debt Proof Living is my “bible”,as is anything Mary Hunt writes, currently reading Financially Fearless because I’m using LearnVest’s coaching.”


Here are the rest of the books folks recommended:


A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton G. Malkiel (one of my favorites)


Find a Penny: A Financial Journey by Donna Sako


Your Money Ratios by Charles Farrell


The Little Book of Bulletproof Investing by Ben Stein & Phil Demuth


Money for Life by Steve Vernon


The Single Best Investment: Creating Wealth with Dividend Growth by Lowell Miller


If you have any great personal finance or investing books we should add to the list, leave a comment below.


Topics: Book Reviews


Original article and pictures take doughroller-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий